Tesla Dogecoin ! Tesla has announced its accepting Doge coin payments for merch ! Announced by Elon Musk via twitter the price shot up 20% following the news. As of now , Doge coin is the only asset that Tesla accepts. Some have already purchased Tesla products, with one user tweeting out that he has a bottle of Tesla tequila on the way to Germany that he paid for in Dogecoin. Many wonder is Tesla going to actually hold the Doge that they received, or will they swap it out for Bitcoin or a different cryptocurrency. Meanwhile, Tesla may not be the only company to start implementing crypto payments this year. A survey conducted by Visa shows that small and mid-sized businesses are also set to adopt crypto payments in 2022.
Two other billionaires made headlines today, Mark Cuban and Bill Miller. Mark says that 80% of his non shark tank investments are in cryptocurrency. He previously stated that he would take bananas over bitcoin. 2021 must have really changed his views on crypto. Bill Miller, an early investor for amazon says that 50% of his portfolio is in amazon and his other 50% is in bitcoin. Starting as just a bitcoin observer for years, now He considers himself a Bitcoin whale. The billionaire investor noted that he looks at Bitcoin as an “insurance policy against a financial catastrophe”
SDSU is now accepting cryptocurrency donations, promises that a small portion of donations will go towards crypto related activities on campus. They are one of the first universities to do so. Alumni would be able to donate anonymously to keep the identities secure. We will see how this goes for SDSU.
January 21, 2022: Top cryptocurrencies gains / losses: 1:07
- Solana (-5.00%)
- Avalanche (-6.51%)
- Matic (-5.45%)
Tesla Dogecoin Payments for Merch: 2:50
- Elon Musk announced that Tesla now accepts Dogecoin (DOGE) as payment for the company’s merchandise
- The announcement resulted in a 25% price increase
Mark Cuban investing heavily in crypto: 9:40
- “The investments I’m making now are not in traditional businesses,” said Cuban. “Eighty percent of the investments I make that are non-Shark Tank are in and around cryptocurrencies.”
- Previously stated that he would have bananas over bitcoin , so he has flipped on the issue before.
- Great to see that some billionaires are willing to switch their stance.
Near Protocol 150m seed investment for web3 adoption: 25:04
- Last year, the protocol invested $800 million to accelerate the development of their decentralized finance platform
- Received 150m investment this year, the fund would be used to develop regional hubs and raise awareness for blockchain and decentralized tech.
Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro mayor investing in bitcoin: 45:07
- mayor Eduardo Paes wants to invest 1% of city funds into bitcoin
- “We are going to launch Crypto Rio and invest 1% of the treasury in cryptocurrency. The government has a role to play,”
- considering a 10% discount on property tax in Brazil on payments with Bitcoin
Bill Miller puts 50% of net worth in bitcoin: 50:40
- Billionare investor states that 50% of his portfolio is in amazon, another 50% is in bitcoin
- Was doing his research for years and when bitcoin dropped to 30k last year is when he jumped into the crypto space.
- The billionaire investor noted that he looks at Bitcoin as an “insurance policy against a financial catastrophe”
SDSU starts accepting cryptocurrency donations: 1:00:00
- TCF chief financial officer David Fuhriman said one percent of the total crypto holdings will be taken out quarterly to fund crypto related activities on campus
- October 2021, The Campanile Foundation (TCF), an auxiliary of the San Diego State University (SDSU), accepted its first crypto donation.
Ready to become a cryptocurrency expert, but want to learn the basics of the blockchain industry? Enroll in the KRBE Digital Assets Masterclass using the link below.