Russia recognizes Bitcoin ! Russia is in the works of creating a law that will recognize Bitcoin as a currency. The law will also require the report of every transaction over $8,000. If not reported it will be deemed a criminal act. This is a great small step forward. By the looks of it , another country in the coming months will do the same . Mass adoption cannot come without regulation unfortunately.
Bitfinex hackers have been caught ! 5 years ago the Bitfinex exchange was attacked for over 100,000 bitcoin. The Assistant Attorney General said that they were only able to trace down the stolen crypto because of the information on the blockchain. Authorities were able to get a search warrant on Ilya Lichtenstein and his wife Heather Morgan.
According to Apple, the soon-to-be-launched Tap to Pay feature will extend support to “Apple Pay, contactless credit and debit cards and other digital wallets.” It basically means that unless Apple places a direct barrier for it, customers who are using Coinbase Card, Crypto.com Visa Card or a similar payments card would be able to use their cryptocurrency holdings to make payments via Tap to Pay.
The Gentlemen of Crypto is a daily live cryptocurrency podcast that broadcasts on YouTube. Isaiah Jackson and King Bless provide cryptocurrency analysis across a variety of blockchain news stories.
February 9, 2022 Top cryptocurrency gains / losses.
- XRP (6.87%)
- AVAX (6.75%)
- Shiba (4.7%)
Russia recognizes bitcoin as cryptocurrency: 2:37
- Russia’s government and central bank are now working on a law define crypto as a currency
- Transactions of more than 600,000 rubles (roughly $8,000) would have to be reported; otherwise, it would be considered a criminal act. Those who illegally accept cryptocurrencies as payment will incur fines.
Bitfinex hackers caught, funds seized: 11:12
- $3.6 billion in cryptocurrency more than five years after hackers stole 119,756 Bitcoin (BTC) from the Bitfinex exchange.
- Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division of the DoJ Kenneth Polite added that federal authorities had the ability to “follow money through the blockchain.”
Apple iPhone to integrate crypto payment options: 20:28
- Apple Pay users will technically be able to use iPhone’s Tap to Pay feature to make crypto payments across mainstream merchants and businesses.
- Unless Apple places a direct barrier for it, customers who are using Coinbase Card, Crypto.com Visa Card or a similar payments card would be able to use their cryptocurrency holdings to make payments via Tap to Pay.
Churches move to the metaverse: 25:10
- Religious leaders like D.J. Soto, a pastor based in Fredericksburg, Virginia, have espoused the benefits of VR and consider it a step forward in human self-realization
- The VR church is entirely based in the metaverse, and it aims to develop loving spiritual communities across the virtual realm, said Soto.
Ready to become a cryptocurrency expert, but want to learn the basics of the blockchain industry? Enroll in the KRBE Digital Assets Masterclass using the link below.