Walmart has entered the metaverse ! Walmart NFTs coming soon. In December 2020, Walmart submitted several patents that show they intend to sell multiple virtual goods, like electronics, toys and sporting gear. The superstore is also in the works of creating a new cryptocurrency and an exchange. There’s already positive sentiment behind the idea of shopping in the metaverse.
The president of El Salvador was under scrutiny for investing in bitcoin while the countries debt ceiling is rising. His reply was the “El Salvador DGAF”. This is nominated for the tweet of the year. El Salvador has been diving head first into the crypto space ever since its adoption last year. It was also just announced that El Salvador will be trying out crypto-based loans on the solana ecosystem. Will have an average interest rate of 5-6%.
A 22 year old Indonesian man named Sultan Gustaf Al Ghozali has made headlines by selling NFTs of his selfies spanning over the time of 5 years. Each picture has a unique description which then makes the NFTs unique. He has netted over a million dollars so far , He only had one request to people purchasing his NFTs “You can do anything like flipping or whatever but please don’t abuse my photos or my parents will very disappointed in me. I believe in you guys so please take care of my photos.”
The Gentlemen of Crypto is a daily live cryptocurrency podcast that broadcasts on YouTube. Isaiah Jackson and King Bless provide cryptocurrency analysis across a variety of blockchain news stories.
January 18, 2022 : Top cryptocurrency gains / losses: 46
- ETH (-4.41%)
- ADA (-3.34%)
- SOL (-5.34%)
Based Bukele: 3:52
- President of El Salvador replied to critics about his countries debt and bitcoin via twitter
- Breaking: El Salvador dgaf. Most iconic tweet of 2022 so far
Microsoft buys Activision – Blizzard: 9:21
- Microsoft is acquiring gaming giant Activision Blizzard for $69 billion
- chairman Satya Nadella stated that gaming “will play a key role in the development of metaverse platforms.”
- This deal will make Microsoft the 3rd largest gaming company behind Riot and Sony
- Microsoft CEO felt the experimentation happening in NFTs was more “exploitative than about entertainment.”
BRD wallet shenanigans following coinbase acquisition: 16:46
- BRD sent an email out saying buying/selling/trading cryptos to fiat will be disabled.
- Same day email was sent, the function was disabled
Walmart NFT /metaverse patent: 21:30
- Walmart sent out a patent for crypto payments
- Wants to create a collection of NFTs in the metaverse
Indonesian 22 year old made 1m selling selfies: 32:31
- Ghozali’s collection subsequently reached a total trade volume of 317 ETH, equivalent to more than $1 million.
- Ghozali added background information along with the selfies, which adds to the rarity of the NFT.
bonus: All About the Avalanche Crypto Project ($AVAX) (thegentlemenofcrypto.com
Ready to become a cryptocurrency expert, but want to learn the basics of the blockchain industry? Enroll in the KRBE Digital Assets Masterclass using the link below.