Canada freezes bitcoin accounts ! Canada has enabled the emergency act, the first time in Canadian history. Which allows the government to freeze financial accounts if they suspect funding on illegal activities. Under this act the trucker protests are deemed illegal.
President Biden is expected to release an executive order on crypto. A number of different government entities will be involved in the order. From research on how introducing crypto to society will affect it , also the best way for citizens to mitigate risks in investing in cryptocurrencies and privacy concerns.
The Gentlemen of Crypto is a daily live cryptocurrency podcast that broadcasts on YouTube. Isaiah Jackson and King Bless provide cryptocurrency analysis across a variety of blockchain news stories.
February 18, 2022: Top cryptocurrency gains / losses: 1:02
- ETH (-4.14%)
- BTC (-3.43%)
- SOL (-4.56%)
Canada freezing dissidents bitcoin wallets: 3:40
- the amount of funds frozen so far in bank accounts and digital wallets with Bitcoin (BTC) and other assets is estimated at more than $1 million.
- cryptocurrency enthusiasts have expressed concerns over Canadian authorities freezing bank accounts and crypto wallets involved in funding local COVID-19 protests.
- Canada freezes Bitcoin is something you would see from China, says Pomp.
Cointelegraph top 100: 11:28
- Cointelegraph has released Top 100 in crypto and blockchain
- CEO of Softbank and Illuviam are #97 & #98
Canada sanctions 34 crypto wallets tied to Freedom Convey: 16:34
- Canadian government has blocked access to 34 crypto addresses tired to funding trucker led protests in the country
- Protests are now deemed illegal under the emergency act.
Biden Crypto Executive Order: 19:27
- President Biden would reportedly order the Office of the Attorney General, the State Department and the Treasury Department to study the potential rollout of a U.S.-issued central bank digital currency.
- the Financial Stability Oversight Council would study financial stability issues resulting from the introduction of cryptocurrencies. The Securities and Exchange Commission, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency will consider measures to protect the markets and report to the president on methods to mitigate risks with respect to crypto.
Ready to become a cryptocurrency expert, but want to learn the basics of the blockchain industry? Enroll in the KRBE Digital Assets Masterclass using the link below.